Search Adventures at Fonville

Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ice Island? What's the big deal?

Hey Fonville Tech Apps!

Have you guys ever heard of "Global Warming" or "Climate Change" before? I wanted to pass along this video I saw the other day about a new "ice island" in Greenland that was just formed.

After you watch the video, answer the following questions to me, Mr. Howell (nlhowell@uh.edu), by email (please put "TechApps" in the email subject line), and I will give good answers a pack of gum. I will give really good answers 2 or 3 packs of gum.

1) Why are some people worried that the ice island is being formed?
2) The ice island is 260 square kilometers. How big is that in square miles, and the video says that it is 4 times bigger than another well known island. What island is that? (2 questions, the size of the ice chunk and what well known island is it 4 times bigger than?)

This is your mission should you choose to accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment